The Bryan High art students create in an informal and relaxed environment. The art teachers generate an atmosphere that is conducive to artistic composition. This gives students the incentive to learn about the vast world around them.
The Art Department offers students the chance to learn about the elements of art and the principles of design. The vocabulary and the tools of art are introduced. Students are exposed to a variety of media. In addition, the students have the opportunity to meet community artists, view their works, and discuss the creative challenges these artists face. Students also explore the career opportunities offered in the field of art. They will eventually be prepared for continued studies upon graduation.
Course work is only one aspect of Bryan High's Art program. The Art Club gives students the opportunity to do some beneficial socializing with their peers. The following are only a few of the extra dividends bestowed on the Bryan art students:
- Joslyn Art Museum field trips
- Billboard design
- Annual Raku Pit Fire
- Scholastic Art Award Competition
- Metro Senior Art Show
- Cover designs for printed programs
- Poster & banner designs
- T-shirt designs
- Art 1-2: beginning art; the basics of drawing & design.
- Art 3-4: drawing techniques; tempera and watercolor.
- Art 5-6: advanced drawing and painting; design study.
- Art 7-8: personal approach to painting and drawing.
- Pottery 1-2: hand-building pottery; learning the potter's wheel.
- Advanced Pottery 1-2
- Studio Art 1-2
For a complete description of Art courses, see page 27-28
of the Bryan High Curriculum Handbook, Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) file [1,958 KB file size].