Physical Education (PE)
"LOOKING GOOD, FEELING GOOD"
A person's most valuable asset is good health. The student who is physically competent is most apt to have a positive self-image and enjoy a feeling of self-confidence. Students develop practices which will promote good health for a lifetime. They will learn to understand health-related needs and values while growing socially and intellectually.
SOME FEATURES OF THE PROGRAM:
- WIDE VARIETY OF ACTIVITIES
- CO-OPERATIVE WARM-UP EXERCISE PROGRAM
- HEALTH UNITS
- FIRST AID TRAINING
- CPR CERTIFICATION
- BOWLING ACTIVITIES
- WEIGHT TRAINING - BEGINNING AND ADVANCED
- WEIGHT LIFTING CONTESTS
- WEIGHT TRAINING GEARED TO ATHLETICS
- A VARIETY OF INDIVIDUAL SPORTS INSTRUCTION
- A VARIETY OF TEAM SPORTS INSTRUCTION
AND MUCH MORE!!
The highly professional staff of six work extremely well together toward the goal of educating students to understand, to seek, and to maintain a healthy life style.
- David Ashby
- Brianne Berg
- Mary Buresh
- Ryan Hanson
- Marcy Krolikowski
- Jason Moore
The Bryan High Physical Education Department offers a diverse number of courses designed to encompass all areas of physical education.
- Lifetimes Sports
- Swim/Aquatics Advanced
- Team Sports
- Weight Training and Conditioning
- Advanced Weight Training and Conditioning
For a complete description of Physical Education (PE) courses, see page 40 of the Bryan High Curriculum Handbook.