What Is USA? Skills USA is open to students currently or previously enrolled in a Career and Technology Education course at Bryan High.
When do we meet? The club meets every Wednesday at 3:00 p.m. in room 127B.
Activities: Industrial Technology Competition Day, State Leadership & Skills Conference
Participation Requirements: Annual state and national dues for membership are $12.
Description: National organization in Career and Tech. Ed.
How Do You Get Involved? See Bryan High School's Industrial Technology Sponsor--Mr. St. Hilaire
Dear Parent and Student,
Business and industry cite the lack of skilled workers as their biggest problem. That's good news for students in technical education because they are needs now more than ever. Beginning with the 2001-2002 school year, the Industrial Technology Dept. at Bryan High School organized a new Skills USA chapter for students. Although Skills USA has been around for over 35 years, this was the first year that Bryan had its own school chapter.
Approximately 13,000 teachers and school administrators serve as professional Skills USA members and instructors. More than 1,000 corporations, trade associations and labor unions actively support Skills USA on an national level through financial aid, in-kind contributions, and involvement of their people in Skills USA activities. Many more work directly with state associations and local chapters.
Participation in a Skills USA chapter will provide student with the following:
- Job contacts and networking
- Opportunities to compete in the Skills USA Championships at the local, state, and national levels
- Opportunities to develop professional and leadership skills, and increased self-confidence
- Opportunities for scholarships, awards and honors
- Recognition from peers, educators, and community leaders
- Access to a national employment network with job postings and job-hunting resources
- Access to a national employment network with job posting and job-hunting resources
- Their own student professional newsletter
- Opportunities to travel, meeting peers and professionals from around the state and nation
Skills USA is open to students currently or previously enrolled in any Industrial Technology course at Bryan High. The club meets every Wednesday at 3:00 p.m. in room 129. We encourage you to visit a chapter meeting and visit with other members.
Mr. St. Hilaire
For more information visit the following web pages:
Sponsors: Mr. Anderson